Welcome to MS-SQL Availability Group Workshop
In this workshop you will learn how to build MSSQL on EC2 in a well architected approach.
The workshop is covering the best practices for deploying MSSQL on EC2 that you can find in AWS windows user guide and in AWS whitepaper
In this workshop you will deep dive into ways to leverage AWS NVMe drives (ephemeral storage) and Amazon EBS Volume striping with Windows storage spaces to get more performance & cost effectiveness without compromise on high availability.
After completing the workshop, you should be able to:
- Get familiar with AWS Directory Service and Amazon FSX for Windows
- Understand how to automate and remotely manage windows server
- Build well-architected self-managed MS-SQL on AWS
- Explore ways to use AWS System Manager to run scripts on servers
- Understand the value of Local NVMe drives and how to use it to get more performance
- Understand the value of striping gp2 and how to automate the process
- Build full solution of Always On availability group